Senior General Assistant / Duty Manager (added 12/07/2022)
We are looking for a Senior General Assistant with Duty Manager responsibilities.
This is a front of house position that ideally requires someone with previous hotel/restaurant experience. Would possibly suit a person currently in a Hotel GA role who is ready and keen to progress up a level or someone returning to the industry after a break.
This is a ‘hands on’ position covering all hotel departments. The role is diverse and as well as the 'hands on side' in bar and restaurant you will be expected to cover reception, providing an efficient and friendly check in. You will become familiar with the hotel booking system and will deal with telephone calls and emails to ensure all are responded to promptly, a good level of verbal and written English is therefore essential.
Once in position, we would anticipate that you would rapidly progress to a level where you would be able to undertake a duty management role on some shifts, taking responsibility for the smooth running of that shift. Full training and support will be given with this.
- We require an individual who is reliable, has a positive enthusiastic attitude, works well in a team and is happy to go the extra mile to ensure an exceptional guest experience.
- This is a full time permanent position, less hours would be considered for the right candidate.
- Rotas are set in advance and will include early and late shifts, weekend work will generally be on an alternate weekend basis subject to demands of the business.
- Accommodation for this position may be available.
Please provide an up to date CV showing current situation.
Chef (added 07/06/2022)
To work with 2 full-time chefs on a rota basis, you will be expected to assume the Head Chef role on some evenings and assist on others. Support will be provided but we are looking to achieve this in a relatively short time space. We would also hope that you have an interest in developing our food offering and bring these ideas to menu planning sessions.
Responsibilities and skills would include:
- Cooking to a high standard in a time efficient manner, with the ability to modify meals to suit customer requirements
- Ensuring all kitchen areas are tidy and cleaned down at the end of shifts.
- Ensuring appropriate hygiene rules are followed.
- Ability to multitask, work as part of team, communicate efficiently with restaurant staff.
Hours: You would work on a rota basis and this may be made up of some split shifts during the week and working on an alternate weekend basis. Exact hours and days worked are subject to negotiation. Standard hours are normally fixed but may be varied subject to holiday cover.
The above gives an indication of the role. However, please contact us to discuss the opportunity further and how your experience and aspirations match our requirements.
On-site accommodation may be available to the right candidate.